Sip and Savor Pass Your Way Through Disneyland’s Food and Wine Festival (2023)
If eating at Disneyland is high on your priority list, then planning a trip during the Disney California Adventure Food and Wine is a must! And we’ve got all the details about the Sip and Savor Pass at Disneyland for 2023. Did we think the Sip and Savor Pass was worth it? Read more to find out.
When Is The Disneyland Food and Wine Festival In 2023?
Foodies: now is the time to go to Disneyland!
The Disney California Adventure Food and Wine Festival is happening now. We just got back from a delicious 3-day adventure through the best that California has to offer and think you may want to be there too.
In 2023, there are 12 Festival Marketplaces to nosh and drink your way through, each one with signature flavors and dishes from around the state.
The Food and Wine Festival is happening at DCA from March 3 to April 25, 2023.
Besides Eating and Drinking, What Else Can You Do At Disneyland Food and Wine?
The festival is a true family event with loads of entertainment and family-friendly offerings throughout the park.
You can listen to live music at the Palisades Stage or catch a show from the Jammin’ Chefs in Hollywood Land.
Meet Chef Goofy and stick around for Alice’s Wonderland Bakery Unbirthday Party while you’re there!
Check out the recap video of our time at the 2023 Food and Wine Festival. We had a blast! (Don’t forget to subscribe to us over at YouTube!)
You can also sign up for a variety of tastings and seminars while you are there.
But our favorite part of the Food And Wine Festival was SOARIN’ Over California again!
The classic original film is making a limited-time return at the attraction and it brought back all the nostalgic memories with the first smells of evergreen pines.
What Is the Sip and Savor Pass At Disneyland (2023)?
Our first stop was for the Sip and Savor Pass at Disneyland.
This is a special offering during Disneyland’s Food and Wine Festival that allows you to taste your way through the festival with a selection of food and non-alcoholic beverage items.
You get a collectible lanyard and a large pass with 8 tear-off tabs attached.
For one price, you can use 8 tabs and redeem them for food or beverage items at any participating booth or location throughout the festival.
Guests can purchase the pass at various locations throughout the park and use it to sample a variety of dishes and drinks from around the world.
If you have several return visits during the festival, don’t forget your pass each day. The pass is valid for the duration of the festival.
You do not need to use all 8 tabs during the same-day visit.
Does Walt Disney World Offer A Sip And Savor Pass At Their Food And Wine Festival?
We hate to say it, but: west coast is best coast when it comes to the Food and Wine Sip and Savor Pass.
Walt Disney World does NOT offer a Sip and Savor Pass at the Food and Wine Festival at this time.
We know you aren’t supposed to pick a favorite, but the smaller footprint of DCA and the availability of this pass makes us love the Disneyland Food and Wine Festival a little more.
How Much Is the Sip And Savor Pass?
You’ll be able to buy one of these special passes for $59.
But if you’re a Magic Key Passholder, then you get yours for $54.
Hey, those annual pass discounts add up, little by little! And we were happy to see that the Sip and Savor pass included a discount.
Where To Buy The Sip and Savor Pass?
Before you get in line at one of the Festival Marketplace locations, stop at any of these locations to get your Sip and Savor Pass for 2023.
- Sip and Savor Cart
- Seaside Souvenirs
- Festival Gifts
We bought ours at Seaside Souvenirs and had an awesome Cast Member explain how everything works.
Disneyland Sip and Savor Pass Menu
Cool cool cool… you’ve got 8 tabs of glory just waiting to be used!
But what’s on the Sip and Savor Pass Menu? What can you eat for your $59?
A whole lot of great options.
We didn’t sample everything, but we absolutely loved every dish we tried. And we don’t consider ourselves big foodies.
Highlights from the Disneyland Food and Wine Sip and Savor Pass Menu:
- I Heart Artichokes: Artichoke Pizzetta: Artichoke and roasted garlic cream cheese with sun-dried tomatoes, pickled onions and lemon olive oil-drizzled microgreens. This one was our groups FAVORITE item!
- I Heart Artichokes: Artichoke Toast with Olive Tapenade: Toasted sliced baguette with artichoke cream cheese topped with olive and artichoke tapenade and drizzled with olive oil. If you are not an olive lover, you may want to skip this one. Lots and lots of olives here (delicious, but just want to warn you!)
- Garlic Kissed: Carbonara Garlic Mac and Cheese featuring Nueske’s Peppered Bacon. SUPER rich- even between two of us, we could not finish this snack.
- Cluck-A-Doodle-Moo: BBQ Beef Brisket Slider featuring Fiscalini Farmstead Smoked Cheddar with dill pickles on salt and pepper brioche. As former Texans who love beef brisket BBQ: this was a big hit! And the portion was plenty for 2 people to split.
- Berry Patch: Kenny’s Family Cheesecake topped with mixed berry compote. A decent, sweet cheesecake. No complaints here!
- Uncork California: California Artisan Cheese Plate featuring Marin French Cheese Co. Jalapeño Triple Cream Brie, Fiscalini Farmstead Purple Moon Cheddar and Craft Beer Cheddar. It’s hard to mess up a cheese plate so we didn’t expect any issue with this one. And it was delicious.
- Nuts About Cheese: Crackers & Cheese: House-made herb crackers with white cheddar fromage blanc, spicy salami spread, and cherry jam. Listen: this was weirdly delightful. 10/10 would order again but definitely need help finishing it.
Festival Marketplace Full Disney California Adventure Food And Wine Festival Menu (2023)
Nuts About Cheese
- Petite Burrata: Grilled ciabatta with tomato and olive jam, burrata cheese, pesto and freeze-dried balsamic
- Crackers & Cheese: House-made herb crackers with white cheddar fromage blanc, spicy salami spread and cherry jam (Sip and Savor Pass item)
- Mickey Mouse-shaped Macaron: Chocolate Mickey macaron filled with caramel ganache and Snicker cookie bar pieces
- Flowers & Bees: Gin, elderflower liqueur, lemon juice and honey, hibiscus and lavender syrups garnished with a purple pansy
- Kenny’s Family Cheesecake topped with mixed berry compote (Sip and Savor Pass item)
- Blueberry Buttermilk Pie
- Blueberry Pancake Cold Brew: Mexico Origin Coffee, brown butter, maple and demerara syrup and oat milk with a blueberry sweet cream made with cream, oat milk, vanilla syrup and puree garnished with cinnamon-flavored cereal crumble (non-alcoholic)
- Beef & Barley Poutine: Potato bites with braised beef short rib, cheese curds, stout gravy and lager micro sponge
- Cubano Slider: Slow-roasted, mustard-crusted pork and sliced smoked ham with melted Swiss cheese and pickle served on a Hawaiian roll
- Sake Melon ’75: Sake, ginger liqueur, prosecco, rock melon syrup and lemongrass citron puree garnished with an edible purple orchid
- Apricot Tequila Colada: Reposado Tequila, Aperol, apricot puree, coconut cream and orange and lime juices garnished with a lime wheel
- Smoked Honey-Habanero Chicken Wings: Chicken wings tossed in honey-habanero seasoning
- BBQ Beef Brisket Slider with Smoked Cheddar and dill pickles on salt and pepper brioche (Sip and Savor Pass item)
- Chipotle-Pineapple Bourbon Sour: Bourbon, pineapple and lime juice, honey syrup and chipotle sour puree garnished with a dried red pineapple wheel
- Smoked Cherry Mezcal-iki Cocktail: Dark rum, mezcal, cherry puree, grapefruit and lime juices, vanilla syrup and bitters garnished with a dried grapefruit chip
- Grilled Top Sirloin with roasted garlic, gruyere smashed potatoes and black garlic chimichurri
- Carbonara Garlic Mac & Cheese with Peppered Bacon (Sip and Savor Pass item)
- Raspberry Limoncello-Ade: Limoncello, grapefruit liqueur, house-made mint syrup, raspberry syrup and lemon juice garnished with a white orchid
- Guava-Lychee Mule: Vodka, guava nectar, ginger and lychee syrup and lemon juice topped with guava and grapefruit hard cider and garnished with a lemon wheel
- Elote Paleta: Sweet corn paleta with parm crema, chile-lime seasoning, corn crunch and cilantro
- Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Flatbread with basil pesto
- Central California Cooler: Peach puree, apple, orange and lemon juices garnished with an apple chip
- Ficklewood Ciderworks Guava Grove: Grapefruit, guava and tropical flavorsArtichoke Pizzetta and Artichoke Toast with Olive Tapenade
I Heart Artichokes
- Artichoke Pizzetta: Artichoke and roasted garlic cream cheese with sun-dried tomatoes, pickled onions and lemon olive oil-drizzled microgreens (Sip and Savor Pass item)
- Artichoke Toast with Olive Tapenade: Toasted sliced baguette with artichoke cream cheese topped with olive and artichoke tapenade and drizzled with olive oil (Sip and Savor Pass item)
- Passion Fruit Rum Cocktail: White rum, Italian amaro, passion fruit nectar, orange and lime juices and guava puree garnished with an orange wedge
- Glazed BBQ Pork Belly with Furikake-Togarashi mac salad
- Impossible Gyro-inspired Naan: Impossible ground beef with chipotle hummus, tzatziki and spiced crispy chickpeas
- Echo Park Cooler: Ceylon & Raspberry Rose Tea, raspberry puree, lychee and rose syrups and lime juice garnished with a lime wheel (Non-alcoholic) (Sip and Savor Pass item)
- Chile Relleno Empanada with arbol pepper salsa and Oaxaca and cotija cheeses
- Camarones a la Diabla: Spicy shrimp with California chile and cilantro rice
- Cantarito-Style Paloma: Reposado Tequila, habanero-infused pineapple juice, lime juice, rock melon syrup and Fresca garnished with a pineapple wheel and chile-lime seasoning
- Nacho Mac & Cheese with Impossible ground beef, tomatoes, olives, jalapeños and guacamole (Sip and Savor Pass item)
- Impossible Al Pastor Tacos with grilled pineapple and avocado-tomatillo sauce
- Blackberry-Lavender Lemonade: Blackberry puree and syrup, lavender syrup and pineapple and lemon juices garnished with a lemon wheel
- California Artisan Cheese Plate — Jalapeño Triple Cream Brie, Purple Moon Cheddar and Craft Beer Cheddar (Sip and Savor Pass item)
- Celebration Chocolate Fudge Brownie: Gooey Chocolate Brownie with Pecans, topped with Chocolate Pecan Glaze and finished with Chocolate Pearls and Silver Stars
- 1923 Mimosa: Prosecco, white cranberry juice, white peach syrup and lemon juice
- 1939 Mimosa: Prosecco, pineapple and orange juices and passion fruit and guava nectar
- 1955 Mimosa: Prosecco, dragon fruit and rose syrups, hibiscus water and lemon juice
- Century of Magic Mimosa Flight
- Daou Vineyards Chardonnay
- Meiomi Rose
- Duckhorn Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc
- McBride Sisters Wine Company Red Blend
- Garnet Vineyards Pinot Noir
- Robert Mondavi Vineyards, Private Selection
- Cabernet Sauvignon aged in bourbon barrels
- Scharffenberger Cellars Brut
- White Wine Flight
- Red Wine Flight
California Craft Brews
- IPA Sausage Dog on a soft pretzel roll with onion-pepper jardiniere, cheddar cheese sauce and malt vinegar-onion crunch
- La Bodega Brewing Company Helles Lager
- Unsung Brewing Co. Light Ale
- Harland Brewing Co. Double Dry-Hopped Pale Ale
- Altamont Brewing Maui Waui IPA
- Barrelhouse Brewing Mango Fruited IPA
- Delahunt Brewing Co. 1924 Raspberry Blonde
- Brewery X Pineapple Vanilla Milkshake IPA
- Bottle Logic Brewing Co. Aurora Borealis
- Chapman Crafted Beer Zodiac Series Hazy IPA
- Crowns & Hops Brewing Co. The Dopest Hazy IPA
- Golden Road Brewing Strawberry Cart Wheat Ale
- Ballast Point Brewing Co. Watermelon Dorado Double IPA
- Russian River Brewing Company Happy Hops IPA
- Bright & Balanced Beer Flight
- IPA Beer Flight
Is The Sip and Savor Pass Worth It In 2023?
The Sip and Savor Pass is worth it at Disneyland if you are slightly strategic about the way you use it.
If you divide the cost by 8 (for the 8 tabs or 8 snack options you can purchase), you’ll want to aim for the higher-priced items at each food booth to recoup your money.
If you are NOT a Magic Keyholder, you’ll break even or come out ahead if you only use your tabs on items that cost $7.37 or more.
If you are a Magic Keyholder, you’ll break even or come out ahead if you use your tabs on items that cost $6.75 or more.
So keep this in mind when you are looking at your options.
We bought one Sip and Savor Pass and used all 8 tabs, but split each item between the two of us.
Generally speaking, we ate lunch or early dinner by using this pass.
In our case, we felt we came out ahead and that the 2023 Food and Wine Sip and Savor Pass at Disneyland was worth it.
Tips For Using The Sip and Savor Pass At The Disneyland Food and Wine Festival
- Buy your Sip and Savor Pass first. You’ll want to have that possible savings hanging around your neck from the get go!
- Do not remove your tabs until the Cast Member instructs you to do so. They need to see you take them off the pass for them to be valid.
- Plan your booths in advance. This will keep you from doubling up on sweets when you really need to get something savory in your belly! Take the time to study the map and menu in your Food and Wine Passport. Make a plan.
- Place multiple orders at the same time at ONE booth. For example, you can order your Cluck-A-Doodle-Moo brisket slider at the I Heart Artichokes booth. Keep the receipt handy and pick up your BBQ when you make it over to that booth later in the day.
- Share with friends and family. They may say it’s a snack-size portion, but trust it, there was a lot of food given with the Sip and Savor Pass. And a lot of the flavors are rich and strong, so a little bit goes a long way. Looking at you, Garlic Mac and Cheese!
- Take time to enjoy the entertainment and the cooking seminars. Well worth your time to pause a moment to see sassy Daisy as part of the Jammin Chefs!
We hope you loved the Food and Wine Festival as we did! We think the Sip and Savor Pass made the whole experience easy and would definitely buy it again.
Guess that means we’ll be back in 2024, Disneyland!
More Disney Tips You’ll Love
Patty Holliday has been running Disney since 2011. She knows just about every tip, trick, and hack there is to cover the runDisney Magical Miles at Disney World and Disneyland. She knows every mile isn’t *always* magical- but with training, tips, and a little bit of pixie dust, they can be a lot of fun! You can also find her at noguiltlife.com and noguiltfangirl.com